Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blog Post 1: Microsoft Office App



Microsoft Office on the iPad?


With the help of a couple of recently released apps, iPad users can now access Microsoft Office applications for free on their mobile device. How? Let’s find out.
The first option is called CloudOn. It links to your Dropbox account and lets you create, view and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files right on your iPad through an Internet connection to CloudOn’s servers.
After you get over the initial shock of seeing Microsoft Office on your iPad, you will find that it is in fact quite functional, but you do need an internet connection, and the iPad keyboard/Microsoft toolbar does take up a good two thirds of your screen. Still, it is free and could be a good option to have on hand.


My Blog Post 1 2/1/12
This is great news to me.  I am a high school English teacher working towards a doctorate and have often wanted to utilize my iPad more at conferences and in school but struggle with what app to use to compose documents.  Using a Microsoft Office app to type documents will come in very handy for me.  Also, so often I hear or see my students using their electronic devices to type documents or essays for class.  In my junior class, I have a few students that use their iPads in class to take notes.  I can’t wait to share this news with them and to also try it out for myself.



Link to original blog and posting:
http://educationtechnologyblog.com/2012/01/microsoft-office-on-the-ipad/#comments

No comments:

Post a Comment